Monday, September 20, 2010

Roomies Unite!

So the roomies and I decided to break in the new grill this weekend. We decided to make pork, mozzarella and bell pepper burgers with crispy fries and apple dumplings.

In order to get started we needed to figure out the logistics of it all.



Sara prepared the pork, mozzarella, onions and peppers.



We tried out the coal starter thingy. Kind of dangerous, especially with fire coming out of the little holes on the side.



We still need grill utensils but made do with what we had.



The final product looked better than this, I still need to buy a camera tripod. This was the best angle I could get with the least amount of camera shake.



It was pretty much amazing. You all should have a cookout with your roommates. Even if you don't have a roommate. Get one for the weekend so you can have grilling fun too.

Since I am on the subject of "roomies" I thought I would end with part of one of my favorite poems by Rumi.

I am so small I can barely be seen. How can this great love be inside of me? Look at your eyes. They are small but they see enormous things

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks wonderful! Wish I had been there to baptize the grill!