Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Just as promised

So I told you I would post another food post. I made Apple Dumplings as well as the Glazed Apple Pork Chops in the same day though I will post the pork chops on another day so it isn't confusing or too much food for one post. Oh and as mentioned as before, I made these dumplings at my grandma Hamilton's home. She has been teaching me to cook, and because she has taken culinary classes before she has some great and easy recipes. Oh and I love love love her kitchen gadgets. So here it begins.

Apple Dumplings-

Step 1: Ingredients ingredients ingredients...
2 large Granny Smith apples
2 tubes crescent rolls (original) (make sure you get the triangular crescent rolls, we made a mistake and had to shape our own)
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
1 can Sprite




P.S. How much do I love that little teaspoon and tablespoon measurer. Like I said, I love her kitchen gadgets.

Step 2: Peel and cut your 2 Granny Smith apples into 8 slices each (so a total of 16 apple slices). (Remember to peel them, we forgot and though they still tasted amazing, it was difficult to cut through them)



Step 3: Place an apple slice on one of your crescent roll triangles and wrap the crescent roll until the entire apple slice is covered. Do this for all your apple slices and crescent roll triangles. After you wrap your apples place them in a greased 9 x 13 pyrex dish.



(Note: Leave space on the sides and down the center of the dumplings. It kind of reminds me of a church sanctuary. Haha a little church of dumplings)


Step 4: Place your dish of dumplings to the side. Mix butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a pan and bring to a slight boil. (Note: It will smell amazing at this point!)




Step 5: Pour the above all over your dumplings and in the aisles.



Step 6: Pour can of Sprite along sides and down center aisles of your dumpling church. (We realized we didn't have a can so we used her cool measuring cup to have the right amount.)



Step 7: Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.



Step 8: Eat and enjoy

P.S. This is amazing served with ice cream but I was thinking how a creme anglaise would be quite perfect as well.

No comments: