Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall in Los Angeles

Fall is in the air, you know what that means... pumpkin spice scones, carrot soup with fresh baked bread, hot drinks, warm colors to balance out the crisp air and costume parties. But wait, why are the temperatures in the 90's? Last week here in Los Angeles it was chilly, I actually had to bundle up a bit. This week it is pretty hot. What in the world is going on here?

I am still in limbo here in LA. Moved from KC about a week and a half ago but not really moved in though. Just kind of floating around. Learning the streets gradually. I know how to walk to the bank, walk to about a million coffeehouses, walk to the grocery, drive to the post office (well I think I do, I will test this out later on today), and to drive to campus. Oh and I parallel parked the other day, very seamless and fluid I might add which was a surprise because of my previous attempt to parallel park ended in a complete failure.

Tonight we have a cookout and tomorrow our first service. I have my first Bible study and book table this week and our bonfire is on the horizon. Busy, busy, busy.

I will load pictures of things later, but right now I need to get some things accomplished before everything gets hectic.

shalom!

No comments: