Friday, September 13, 2013

I'm sorry, truly

Hello,
My name is Derelict Blogger. I have neglected you, and you don't deserve such treatment. And I would like to ask for your forgiveness. More for your sake than anything else, because I hear that harboring unforgiveness is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. And you really don't want that just because I have been horrible. So what you should do instead is go eat something sweet, relax, breathe in and out and maybe listen to your jamz. (Yes, jamz with a 'z'. )

I wouldn't abandon you if it wasn't really really important. Let me tell you, life is important and that is what has been happening here folks. I've been helping the Farrums move into her new place, having meetings, making info graphics, going to ArtWalks and visiting apartments e'rywhere. Today I received news that Frances and I were approved to move into a new apartment and we are extremely excited! So today has been spent boxing up and organizing my things.

I might be alone here, but I quite like the idea of purging my things. Don't get me wrong I can be quite the pack-rat and I keep things for entirely way too long. Though, every once and I while I will get inspired and rid my house of tons of my things. My moving is inspiration enough for me to want to get rid of half of my things, if for no other reason than the fact that I don't want to take as many trips back and forth. I have taken a couple bags full to the Jewish thrift store around the corner this week. And I have another pile starting. I am getting rid of 9 pairs of shoes, a few books, some mugs, a back pack, among other things. Honestly I should probably get rid of more. I like the idea of living more simply. With less "stuff." Being less attached to things and living my life around getting more things. Ick.

I think that books and shoes are the hardest things for me to relinquish. I love reading books and I actually do go back and reference them again, or loan them out, so I feel that is justified. I also love shoes and keep them in good condition for an extended amount of time and if there isn't anything wrong with them, why get rid of them? So the fact that I am getting rid of any is kind of a big step for me. You should be proud.

Ok well, I am going to return to my packing/organizing and evaluating what is necessities to my life and what isn't. I want to post more pictures taken with my new fancy camera, though I have to get a different SD card reader or have someone tell me what I am doing wrong with my current one. -___-

Until later...

xoxo
r

No comments: