Saturday, July 13, 2013

And we're back!

I'm back from probably my favorite Haiti trip I have been on, to date. We had a smaller team which made for a more intimate trip, we went for a shorter time which caused us to really make every second count, the weather was more mild and less intense, and I didn't get sick or have diarrhea "stomach issues" at all! And those are just some of the smaller tangible things.

Our voyage from the plane, according to my phone.

We played games, soccer, and BINGO. We held babies, sang songs, and spent much valued time with our dear friends. We held services, distributed food and clothes. I was also able to spend a good deal of time with the ladies in the Haitian kitchen. This year there was a different boss of the kitchen, and she gave me more tasks, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I was also afforded more taste tests this year.


I have several stories to tell you. If you would like to hear them just let me know...but in the mean time here are some of my favorite pictures I took this trip.

Bianca, behind the door  fixing a toy, which her friend won at BINGO the night before. 



Two little buddies, Enell and Josias sitting together. I can picture them looking the same as they become little old men.

Love standing in the entrance of the Haitian kitchen after the rain, as his sister Alicia follows behind.


Amonese was the boss-cuisine of the Haitian kitchen this year.


There were about 4 poor little puppies running around the big dogs this year.


Enid, sitting on the wall.

Annika, quite possibly one of the happiest babies I have ever seen.


Insta-Haiti pictures

xoxo
r

No comments: