Monday, December 3, 2012

My Christmas Playlist

Advent has started and the Christmas season has officially kicked off. I only have about 5 presents bought out of about 40 that I need to buy/make. It has come to my attention that many of my friends aren't fans of Christmas music. Though I am not a Christmas-music-fiend or anything I do think that you should seize the moment and listen while you can. (I'm not a fan of listening to Christmas music or watch Christmas movies any other time of the year). Needless to say I have gradually made a Christmas playlist on Spotify that I am quite enjoying. It is mixed in with other music as well, though I thought I would split it into two playlists.

Yes, Dolly Parton's Little Drummer Boy... it's not Christmas season till it's played. That song brings back memories of my childhood, decorating the house and readying ourselves for Christmas while blaring that song through our old speakers. Mmmm... makes me think of hot chocolate too.

I like mixing old with new, spiritual with commercial, classics with newbies (not sure if I like that word or not) and all sorts of different genres. I'm up for any suggestions you may have... what's on your playlists? Or are you one of those who don't like Christmas music at all... bah hum bug!

That's all for now. I am elbow deep in things I need to get done. This was a nice little break though. I have ideas for several more posts, but just haven't had the time to implement them.

xoxo
r

No comments: