Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bless-ed

I had full intentions of doing a daily countdown to Thanksgiving where I post about something I am thankful for. But when November 1st hit, I had troubles narrowing it down to just one thing I was thankful for. I felt it was too difficult to start off with just one thing and I didn't want anyone to think that I was doing the countdown in an order of importance. I'm also afraid to list out all my thankfulness because what if I left something out? What if I left out something like books, or art galleries or skin and I can't forget about kittens. There aren't enough days in the countdown to devote to my thankfulness. Not to sound pious, but its true. I could devote full posts to things like eyelashes, music, elbow joints and shocks on cars and that's not even including family, electricity, toilet paper or food! My list of thankfulness would be too too extensive and exhaustive and yet still not exhaustive enough. It also wouldn't be able to capture the magnitude of my thankfulness.

Just know, I am thankful. Very thankful. Thankful for a lot things and a lot of people and a lot of animals and a lot of concepts. I'm thankful for you and those who aren't even reading this. I am even thankful for bad stuff because it makes me even more thankful for the good stuff and teaches me wisdom I couldn't have learned any other way, which I am also thankful for. Perhaps that is why I am supposed to be thankful every day and to praise G-d every day, and will have eternity to do so because there are so many blessings around me at all times. Even things I don't see.

This sounds all very optimistic but really I would like to view it as being a realistic view. I am truly blessed when you think about it, or even if you don't think about it I guess.

That's all. Thanks.

No comments: