Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Funky

Yesterday I was in a funk. I hate being in funks because I feel covered on all sides by it and can't rescue myself from it no matter how hard I try. And innocent bystanders get sucked into the vortex of our said funks and they become the collateral damage. humph sorry. Stress and discouragement have ways of wriggling in there somehow sometimes unnoticeable. Sometimes it enters through the ear I think and has a direct arrow to the mind. And hopefully your friendships are built out of strong stuff that can withstand the little funks in life.

I think one of the worst parts about funks is the following day and the awry feeling you have that you could have ever gotten to that place in the first place. That a conversation, bad dream, circumstance...what have you could've affected you so much.

Though today is a new day and I will turn my funks into fun funk music instead.





PS I just read today's entry in My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, and it is too too perfect for me today. If you haven't read that book, I highly recommend it!

No comments: