Monday, November 19, 2012

Rubia











Frida Kalho had her unibrow and Andy Warhol had his wig and I have always had blonde hair. Always always. I have had long hair, short hair, permed hair, straight hair, curly hair, updo's, braids, bangs, no bangs etc. but it was always blonde.



It was my signature. I had never colored it though when it would turn a murky brownish blonde in the winter I would make sure I would get a lot of sun exposure in the spring/ summer seasons and from time to time would add some "sun-in" to help it along. I have always had the school of thought that natural was best, why tamper with what the Good Lord has given you?

Though lately I have wondered what the world would be like if I wandered from my blonde roots. I thought, well I only have one life, and how sad would it be if I only had one hair color my entire life. YOLO right? Why not? I thought I would go with a vibrant red, one because it is very different from my own hair color and also because it would go well with my skin tone.

I researched and gauged people's reactions when I put it past them. Needless to say,  tonight I colored my hair (well not me per se, I had my mom's friend do the coloring while I just sat there). There was a little mishap here or there and the wrong color was applied and I am now rocking a darker version of what I had in mind, but I think I can do this. Also, red fades fast I hear so I think all will be as planned soon. Instead of an Amy Adams/Christina Hendricks look think more of Scarlett Johansson in the Avengers. Pictures will come soon but I haven't had any taken yet.

1 comment:

Jori said...

While I concur on the blond/trademark issue, I also agree that red would suit you well. And I have been checking back frequently for an update with a photo.

Congratulations, by the way, on your first dye.