Friday, October 19, 2012

Coffee & Cake

Kentucky butter, coconut, mocha, orange, Irish cream, vanilla, pistachio, red velvet, lemon-poppy, banana nut, pecan fudge, pumpkin, chocolate, apple caramel, and blueberry...all the bundt you could handle. The table came together wonderfully, but not one of pictures turned out great. So please don't judge by the photo, this is just supposed to be a glimpse.

On a different note, I went to a coffee break at the Dashew Center today, where they serve coffees from several countries for international students to mingle together and meet American students. They had coffees from Israel, Vietnam, Cuba, and Italy. Hands down my favorite coffee was from Vietnam, its served with sweetened condensed milk and has this cool little filter thing they place on the cup. So each individual cup is made fresh.


I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Dashew, the founder of the Dashew Center, today as well which was quite exciting. He has done some amazing work and it was great getting to actually meet him.

I love it, ninty-six and still sporting the Pumas. 
 My second fave coffee was from Cuba. The drink was served in a cup the size of an individual creamer cup. It was sweet and strong, just like I like 'em. Too too good. 


I finished the day off with Encounter group... great day!

No comments: