Monday, July 16, 2012

summer.

I'm back. I'm back from my blog-hiatus. I'm back from work. I'm back from Haiti. And its good to be back. Alas I can let down my hair and breathe for a second. Though I feel like I'm forgetting something. Whenever I try to rest I always think there is a reason I shouldn't be and then I get worried and paranoid and then my rest turns into something rather the opposite of said rest until I can come up with something, anything else that I should be doing. Then I work on something else until I have other bigger things to be stressed about. I can think of a list of things I can work on right now but I am choosing to allow myself this little bit of time.

 Before the summer started I quit my job at the French Bistro/Cafe I was working at for irreconcilable differences (that's the correct thing to say when your paychecks were bouncing right?). Soon after that I was approached by a few people, some I knew others I didn't who wanted design work done. I finished up all loose ends and headed to Haiti for 24 days. Here is my trip in photos.








This past trip to Haiti was my fifth time visiting. Each trip has had new stories and new things to be excited about and challenged by and this trip followed suit. I made new connections, strengthened previous connections, I swam, I sang, I played with kids, I cooked, I ate, I testified, I taught, I learned, I cried, I laughed, and so much more. I would love to share more specifically and in greater depth and detail but I'll reserve that to actual conversations. 

I'm glad to be back but I miss my friends. Now back to work. 

No comments: