Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Odds and Ends

First off, I would like to announce that I now have a place to live in Los Angeles! I wrote about it on my new "Chi Alpha" blog titled Becoming a Bruin (so if you want to see what I am up to ministry wise, just jump over there). I will be staying in a wonderful little guest house. It is pretty much the most perfect situation for me and I am beyond excited.

I have slowly but surely started to prep for moving to LA. My mom found me some $.50 (yes that is cents) kitchen gadgets the other day. I now have a can opener, a liquid measuring cup, a colander and matching bowl and a couple spatulas.

Also, the other day I soaked baby food jars in hot soapy water in hopes that the label emulsion would soften and peel off completely. I became impatient and scraped the rest off with my fingernails. After they dry completely I plan on filling them with the spices that I bought from the market. I haven't decided the best way to fill the jars... by spoon, funnel, straight up pouring... whatever I choose, I am sure I will make a mess.



Talking about messes, my room is a mess and it makes me feel like a mess. We are having a garage sale in a couple weekends and I am trying to go through everything in my closet and decide what are necessities and what is just clutter. I have decided I am a genius, I have about a billion unmarked cds. Labels? Nah, labels are for pansies. Who needs to know what are on all of these cds really? Sheeeeesh! sfhgkhgj;ljaf

Tomorrow I will go through my jeans and tee shirts and see what I can part with. I should probably go through my shoes again, I am sure I can pare down some more.

Well right now I am exhausted. Sorting sucks all of my energy.

No comments: