Saturday, November 29, 2014

Surrogate Family

Like many people across America, I was not able to reunite with my family for Thanksgiving dinner. Which was made even tougher this year than previous because my family was also celebrating my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary (nothing to bat an eye at). I am wildly proud of my grandparents for their unwavering dedication to one another and the example that they have provided throughout the years. I  truly wish I could have been there to celebrate with them. (And let's not forget all the unique family food traditions that we are all accustomed to.)

Fortunately, even though I was not with my family I had a place to go. My bestie from the westie always opens her home and graciously shares her family with me, which I could not be more grateful for. They welcomed me with open arms and shared stories, food and their company. I could not ask for more.

Since my phone is maxed out for some reason, it has been acting weird and won't let me take pictures. So I have been more intentional in taking photos with my camera camera instead of instagram posts or snap shots with my phone. Here are just a few photos that I took at my Thanksgiving with my surrogate family.


We call her the Queen of the Peanuts, and that's her doting gma in the background.


Gpa Vazquez, who was a professional trumpet player for 50+ years.


Momma Vazquez and Gma Vazquez, two funny and beautiful ladies.


This photo sums up how we all felt after stuffing ourselves.


I am so grateful for so many things... thankful that I have a family to miss, grateful for a surrogate family to borrow, and the day to day blessings and people that make up my life. I truly am blessed and thank G-d for all of His provisions and even the things that He purposefully withholds for my good.

I hope your holidays are wonderful and safe.

xoxo
r

No comments: