Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sometimes...

Sometimes you just have to be happy for the little things. Sometimes you must count your blessings... and when I say sometimes I mean all the time, but especially on days like today. There is a woman who wrote a book called One Thousand Gifts, I haven't read it but I hear its a book where a woman counts her everyday blessings, and its fantastic.

There once was a little girl who lost a finger in World War II, and every day following that she started thanking the Lord for her nine fingers. She never thanked the Lord for her fingers till she lost one. Often times I am that little girl.

I want to be a person of gratitude, encouragement, truth, life, love and freedom. These things don't come naturally and they aren't attainable from a place of passivity. You must practice them and allow G-d to work them out in you. He doesn't just want you to do acts of kindness, He wants you to be kind, so that everything you do is done through you being kind. He doesn't just want you to show love but to be love. He doesn't just want you to show grace but to be gracious. There is a difference between someone who bakes a cake and a baker.

So let me try and practice a little gratitude...
I am thankful for:
trees
the sun
shade
books
shoes
eyelashes
coffee
laughter
love
dolphins ;)
jokes
electricity
cars
the ocean
comfy chairs
siblings
cold water
teachers
the internet
peaches
cake
pinterest
nostrils
dirt
art
cucumbers
museums
galleries
spinach
paint
asparagus
mommas
papas
laundry detergent
belts
photography
phones
gmas and gpas
tea
traveling
youtube videos of cute animals
miniature things
music
comedians
nails (the ones on your body, and the ones you hammer)
the sound pigeons make outside my window every morning
cute animals
ugly animals
movies
seatbelts
accents
color
breeze
medical technology (srsly tho)
free stuff
hair
friends
the list continues... and I will add to it. I have to go for now, and I don't feel this post is fully done, but I want to post it preemptively because I want to share it as is. Perhaps I won't write anymore, but you get the idea of where all of this is going.

No comments: