Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wow

Lately I have been enjoying the "poor man's dessert" and by enjoying I mean devouring and by poor man's dessert I mean strawberries and/or canned peaches (drained and rinsed) smothered in sweetened condensed milk and eaten like its cereal. Its oh so good and since half of the ingredients are fruit it makes me feel like I am being more healthy. You should try it some time. That is if you haven't already, I make it sound as if I have invented it or something which is far from the truth, this sort of thing is eaten world round. Basically what I am saying is if you haven't already, get with the world and try this amazing combination.

I woke up this morning around 6:20 and got up around 6:40 to get ready for work. I dressed, packed a quick lunch grabbed a cheese stick for breakfast (I was running late and had to rush), sat through traffic, found parking and ran in to work only to find that today was my day off and that tomorrow I come in at 7:30am. All this to say, I'm an idiot. This reminds me of that prank where you change the time on the clock and then wake someone up really early and tell them they are late for school or something and they get up and jumbly get ready, except I played the prank on myself.

In lieu of a rare day off I decided to go to JoAnne's Fabric Store since it was so close to work to look for random supplies for random projects (I've been wanting to go there since I discovered its existence and just haven't had a chance.) Though I found out that they wouldn't open for another hour and a half. So I decided to treat myself to an actual breakfast of waffles and eggs at Denny's across the street and read a book. Once JoAnne's opened I spent about a half hour weaving the isles in awe of their glorious selection. I haven't really been able to find any place like this since I've been here and I have been seeking one out for some time now. This makes me sound like I am some "crafty" person or something but really the truth is, that I am accustomed to already having these random odds and ends around the house and wouldn't frequent a craft store unless I was in need of something specific. Since I have been living on my own, I have had to start from scratch and slowly but surely build my arsenal of supplies.

As I surveyed all the many items on the shelves I found the very things I was in need of and not only were they cheaper than I expected, they were 40% off. Now I feel like a middle aged crafter who may or may not have a Minesotan accent who wears mom jeans, but I found this very exciting. I spent the rest of my open day listening to podcasts while stenciling for our Chi Alpha Banquet After Party where we will make memorable tee shirts, play games, watch skits and eat. I decide to take a break since my fingers feel like they are going to fall off, my eyes burn from constant staring and my back is cramping from being hunched over so long. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining in the slightest, I have had a wonderful day and have truly enjoyed the work.

In the end, I am glad I woke up when I did and went to work because I was able to be so productive. I don't think I will make a habit of it though.

No comments: